Thursday, May 22, 2008

ways to spend garden fees...

1. apply garden fees to Area 4 grant which is good for $400 towards community building project. the only caveat is we need to contribute 25% matching funds.

2. seeds of change offers free seeds. these seeds can be donated to the community groups or used to grown around the perimeter of the garden as flowers. all we need to do is pay for the shipping costs.

3. buy a water can.

4. allocate some funds for administrative costs, such as: postage for mailings, buying materials to mark off plot boundaries, etc.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all, I like options 1 and 2...How big a watering can do we need? I have an extra one...I will put it in the garden later.

Anonymous said...

The above comment was from me (Linda) BTW.

Anonymous said...

Ps--Could we use the grant to build a tool shed? The Emily Street garden has a tool shed. I'll post some pics of that later (I took some yesterday).

Anonymous said...

It seems like using the money to leverage it into more money with the $400 grant makes sense to me.

But I guess my question is: what do we need to do with the money? If we have $400, what's the physical things we'd spend it on? A shed, like Linda said? Tools?

Those folks who have been through a few seasons at the garden ... what has the garden been lacking?

Anonymous said...

A small expense for consideration:

It might be nice to try to seed some intentional plants (like irish moss, or a creeping or elfin thyme (Thanks, Linda, for the great idea) in those little squares between the pavers that are constantly refilling with weeds. Would help fight the weeds.

Sitemeter