Thursday, May 15, 2008

Message from Hatch re: Composting

Hi SB G's,
I'll be at the compost Saturday morning to empty it out and break it down
a.m.a.p. I believe there is some good stuff we could separate out, as
about ready to use. The idea is to speed the process up. We'll add water and automatically air as we return the smaller stuff to the bins. There is soil in the root balls of a lot of the weeds (organism
inoculant).

Bring loppers, shovels, hoes, etc. hopefully pretty sharp -- and we'll be
careful of course. I thought maybe I'd get a "10 cup" coffee item from Dunkin Donuts down the
street.

Zena, Linda, Liz, James, said they could come I think. And welcome to Tim
K, if he can make it too !! It really looks like a good start at SB garden this year, and thanks to Dan and Linda and Charlie, and all the others doing so much.

Hatch Sterrett

No comments:

Sitemeter