Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Sunflower Project


Hi all,

Dan had the great idea to line the perimeter of the garden with sunflowers...I have been sprinkling seeds in, and I know James has been too. If anyone feels like donating some seeds, we could use even more. Some of the first sunflower seedlings are peeking out from under the mulch and soil around the perimeter of the fence, too, so if you are weeding that area, be on the lookout for them...

If the spirit moves you, sprinkle some out there, and let's see what happens! We have some Italian sunflowers that I put in there, a mixture of nice oranges, and some straight yellows...Should be interesting to see what grows.

2 comments:

Dan said...

I can't wait to see them the next time I'm in the garden. Once they grow in, they will look fantastic!!!

Thanks for documenting to "The Sunflower Project".

Anonymous said...

I just saw a few peeking up around the fence...If someone sees Hatch, be sure to tell him they're in there! They are just babies now, so any rough weeding would not be good...

Sitemeter