Monday, June 2, 2008

Cold Frames



Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone was interested in building a cold frame for this coming winter? We just got an old cold frame that needs work (which we plan to do this summer)...But we plan to use this on our plot in the late fall/early winter months.

Is anyone else interested in building cold frames? Tim has expressed interest, and I thought that maybe a bunch of us could come together to plan, discuss, and construct them! There are always building materials on Freecycle (there is some free landscaping lumber there now for instance), and I think we'd be able to get some old windows at an area junk yard.

Take care and let me know!

Linda

1 comment:

Daphne Gould said...

I'm not part of your garden community, but I am redoing some windows this summer. They are 2'x4' panes which is a good size for a cold frame. There are 14 windows. Email me if you are interested. I'd need to know before he starts work sometime toward the end of June or beginning of July.

Sitemeter